Tuesday, November 25, 2008

ANNNDDD Again...

Yes, I really do think this is worthy of a re-post, there hasn't been enough downloads of these albums from my blog as I would have liked (yeah, that's right, I'm watching you!), so I'm posting again. yes you can call it propaganda but if there isn't at least one album/mixtape you think is DOPE BEYOND BELIEF, then feel free to hack my blog and delete it.

My "wtf...they aint blown up yet" list for 2008..


GOD...I've been dreading this post as the more I search for new shit, the more I discover I know fuck all about this. I've been following the blog scene for just over a year now and have sort of found myself gravitating towards the same sorta artists e.g. Pac Div, Blu, U-N-I etc etc and listen to other artists that they either associate with or have heard on a track with them so I haven't really been "discovering" new shit lately, which is dry as that's why I turned to the internet in the first place. Well on the rare occasion that I did go hunting by myself I have found a artists that have dropped some of my favourite albums/mixtapes of the fuckin year! And here they are..

1. Outasight, y'all know I been obsessed with this one since my first blog. If you STILL haven't got it, here is the link to his critically acclaimed album, Radio New York.




2. Stalley- This one I was wayyyyy late on, by like 4 months!LOL. His Goin Ape mixtape is DOPE!! those beats are killa and his flow is smooth not to mention he aint a dumb fuck either, perfect combination. Don't sleep on this one!
Download: Stalley- Goin Ape Mixtape: Part 1 Part 2

3. Greg Enemy- I owe a lot to MySpace friend requests as a significant number of my favourites I have found through clicking "Accept", lol, Mr Enemy being no exception. His self titled, free EP is the shiiiit. I love that fusion sorta hiphop, I don't like comparing but to compare the beats, you could liken to XV, e.g. the I don't give a fuuuuck sorta beats but he is on his own shit for sure, which I love. He will be the next "Big Blog Favorite", and you can quote me on that! Not to mention I have a thing for guys with glasses..ANNNND I didn't even know this but Mr Enemy is behind all the beats!..wtff..y'all NEED TO HEAR Top 10, that is my jam.
Download: Greg Enemy- Greg Enemy EP


4. Mirage & Concept- This had to be one of the OMG one's of the year along with Mr Enemy. Good lord, where the fuck have these two been hiding?? The production is sooo smooth it aint funny, and Mirage's flow fits perfectly with every track, switching it up slightly every round. This is gonna be my ULTIMATE summer record, so for all you Southern Hemisphere peeps like myself, grab yourself a beer(...or 5!), hit the beach and wild out to this on the iPod, and the others...well jus pretend!
Download: Mirage & Concept- Long Days & Long Nights

P.S For those who aren't familiar with the fact that New Zealand resides usually a day ahead of everywhere else, the concept of their title Long Days & Long Nights refers to the fact that Concept (from my home, Auckland, NZ) would be workin all night where Mirage (from PA, USA) would be workin all day, yet at the same time.

That's it for now, this post has taken way to long to put together. I highly suggest you d/l all of these EP's or mixtapes, they're fuckin worth it.

No comments: